It applies to all Users of our website or to the services we provide, as defined below.
We do not collect personal data directly from Users, except cookies, stored in accordance with the Users’ authorization.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser and which are necessary for using the ShoutoutNerds website.
Cookies allow our website to memorize information about the Users’ visit, their preferred language, the recurrence of their sessions and other variables that ShoutoutNerds considers relevant to make the experience much more efficient.
These Cookies will also be used to help determine the usefulness, interest and number of uses of the websites, allowing for faster and more efficient browsing. They do not store personal data or collect personally identifiable information .
The Company may adopt analytical data collection technologies, such as Google Analytics, to improve the performance and experience of Users with the ShoutoutNerds website. However, these analytical data will be anonymized, not allowing the identification of the natural person related to them.
How to prevent cookies from being stored on your hard drive and/or delete them
All browsers allow the user to accept, refuse or delete Cookies, namely by selecting the appropriate settings in the respective browser. The USER can configure Cookies in the “options” or “preferences” menu of his browser.
Note that, by disabling cookies, you can prevent some web services from working correctly, affecting, partially or totally, navigation on the website.
From third party cookies
ShoutoutNerds has partnerships with third-party advertising companies to serve ads during your visit to our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites for the purpose of serving advertisements relating to products and services of interest to you.
ShoutoutNerds also has partnerships with Google, UOL Group, Rubicon and other advertising networks, which use essential cookies and other similar technologies to collect and process data. For more information about this practice and how to prevent companies from using this data, visit the respective partner links:
ShoutoutNerds may establish a newsletter (biweekly/monthly) which will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
If you have registered to receive the Company’s newsletter, the USER agrees to receive news, personalized advertising about our products and services and other information.
The ShoutoutNerds Newsletter may include news related to technology, coverage of national and international launches, tips and product reviews.
By registering to receive the ShoutoutNerds newsletter, the USER consents that ShoutoutNerds carry out a personalized compilation of news under the terms above, any partner offers and other information, as well as evaluate their website usage patterns, to send a personalized newsletter that meets the needs and interests of the USER.
The data is also saved and used for promotional purposes and market research. In any situation, we will only contact the USER by email.
If the USER no longer wants to receive the ShoutoutNerds newsletter, he may unsubscribe at any time. For this, the USER can click on the link present in all newsletters to be forwarded to the cancellation process.
Purpose and Legal Basis for Data Processing
The personal data of Users are processed based on the following legal bases:
1 – Data for using the website
Legal Basis: Legitimate interest
Purpose: To keep records of access to the Platform so that, in the event of any crime or unlawful act on the Platform, we can identify the person responsible, in accordance with the provisions of the Marco Civil da Internet and the General Data Protection Law
2 – Marketing Data
Legal Basis: Legitimate Interest
Purpose: to communicate with the User, directly or through our partners, for purposes of personalized Marketing, statistical data and sending a newsletter.
Supervisor Contact Details
Data Subject Rights
If you are a User, the following rights are available to you:
- Right to confirm the existence of processing of your personal data, pursuant to article 18, I, of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
- Right of access to your personal data, pursuant to article 18, II, of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
- Right to correct incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data, pursuant to article 18, III, of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
- Right to delete personal data, pursuant to article 18, IV and VI, of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
- Right to block the processing of personal data, pursuant to article 18, IV, of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
- Right of anonymization, pursuant to article 18, IV, of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
- Right of data portability, pursuant to article 18, V, of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
- Right to information on who has shared your personal data, pursuant to article 18, VII, of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
- Right of information about the possibility of not providing consent and the negative consequences, pursuant to article 18, VIII, of Law No. 13.709/2018;
- Right to revoke consent, in a simple, accessible and facilitated manner, pursuant to article 18, IX, of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
- Right to petition against the Controller before the National Data Protection Authority, consumer protection bodies and/or the Judiciary, pursuant to articles 18, paragraph 1, paragraph 8, and 22 of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
- Right not to be subject to, or to request revisions to, decisions taken solely on account of the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling, pursuant to article 20 of the General Data Protection Law – Law No. 13.709/2018.
Limitations of Liability
Certain breaches of the confidentiality of your personal data may occur solely on account of failures exclusively related to your conduct in digital media. For this reason, Users recognize and are aware that ShoutoutNerds will not be responsible:
- Due to the presence of viruses, malware, ransomware or other harmful elements in digital media that are capable of making changes, known or unknown, in their computer systems or in data and documents stored in their computer systems, and that result in improper access to their data by third parties;
- For damages of any kind, arising from unauthorized third party access to your personal data, when such access has occurred due to a failure exclusively related to Users or third parties and that are beyond the reasonable control of the Office;
If substantial changes are made in the purposes for which we collect personal data or in the legal bases that allow the processing of data, the affected data subjects will be notified, by email, or by means of a notice highlighted on the homepage of ShoutoutNerds’s website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction