Today, you will learn the ways to sideload any app on the Galaxy Watch running Wear OS. Now let’s get started
Sideload Apps on Galaxy Watch Wear OS
Sideload Apps (APK) on Galaxy Watch 4 Without Computer
- Firstly you have to get the desired APK on your device that you want to install it on the smartwatch.
- Open the Settings > System > About. Click on Build Number 7 Times. Actually, this will enable the Developer Options.
- Open the Settings > Developer Options > ADB Debugging and click on YES.
- Dropdown & then enable the Debug over WiFi. Simply your IP Address will be listed next to it, must keep it in you mind.
- In case it isn’t there, open the Settings > Connectivity > WiFi & also copy the IP Address from there.
- Get the Wear Installer app on the Samsung Galaxy Watch including your smartphone.
- Set up the Wear Installer app on the device. Copy and paste in the IP Address in the space just provided (at the bottom).
- Don’t write the Port Number (the four numbers after the colon). For instance, whether your IP is 192.168.x.xxx:8080, write the 192.168.x.xxx in the application.
- Once you have entered the IP, tap Done. Wear Installer will be loaded on your device. Now open its Download tab and choose the downloaded APK.
- When you click on that APK, then you guys will get the Allow Debugging prompt on the watch, click OK or Always Allow from this PC.
- Press the Install button in the Wear Installer application. Now the application will be installed on the watch.
- At the time when you guys will get APK successfully installed notification. Click on Finish and you probably disable the Debugging on the watch.
Also, read this article: Fix: Audio from MacBook Speakers is Distorted and Cracked
Sideload Apps (APK) on Samsung Galaxy Watch via PC
- Initially, get the Android SDK Platform Tools & bring it out on your computer.
- Then get the APK file for the application. At the time when it is downloaded, then send it to the platform-tools folder.
- Similarly, rename the downloaded files to a simpler name. For instance, we will be here installing the Discord application, therefore, we have renamed the file to discord.apk.
- At the time when it is completed, go to Settings > System > About. Click on Build Number 7 Times. Actually, this will enable Developer Options.
- Open Settings > Developer Options > ADB Debugging & click on YES.
- Drop down and turn on the Debug over WiFi. Then the IP Address will be mentioned there, then you have to keep it in your mind. For instance, in case the value is 192.168.1.40:8080, subsequently, the 192.168.1.40 is the IP Address (8080 is the port number)
- Now open the platform-tools folder, copy and paste in CMD in its address bar, and press Enter. It will set up the Command Prompt.
- Bring out the following mentioned command in the CMD window in order to establish a wireless ADB connection b/w your watch & Computer. You should ensure to replace the IP keyword along with the IP address that you guys had got from above.
adb connect IP
- When you bring out the above-mentioned command, so you guys will get the Allow Debugging prompt on your watch, click OK.
- Bring out the following command in the CMD window in order to get the Discord app on your Samsung Galaxy Watch 4:
adb install discord.apk